French Summer Academy - Stage intensif de français langue étrangère (FLE)
July 1st to 21th 2020,
Learn French in an attractive historical region close to the seaside!
All-inclusive price: 1500 €
►Including: 70 contact hours + accommodation + 4 excursions + activities
►Not included: meals, visa, transportation to and from La Roche-sur-Yon
How to reach la Roche-sur-yon
► 3-hour high-speed train ride from Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
► 1-hour train ride from Nantes Airport
Need more information ? [email protected]
Registration before: Friday, May 29th, 2020
INDICATIVE PROGRAM 2020
- A 3-week intensive French Language Program with native teachers specialized in French as a Second Language Teaching
- Placement test before arrival
- Courses are offered from beginner to advanced level
- Small groups and individual tutoring
- 25 hours/week (70 contact hours)
- Opportunity to get a Level Certificate
- You may earn 12 ECTS
- Free access to the Library and Media Center
Thanks to small groups and individual tutoring, the aim is to gain a CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) level during these three weeks of study.
You will be working on the six main skills: oral expression and comprehension, written and reading skills and oral/written interaction.
► Learning outcomes for Level A1 (complete beginners)/Level A2 (false beginners)
- Ability to recognise concrete information on familiar topics encountered in everyday life.
Level A1: Phonetics, ask simple questions, understand simple answers, make appointments.
Level A2: Ability to deal with administrative paperworks, make reservation, speak about past and future events, take part in a routine conversation on simple predictable topics
► Learning outcomes for Level B1 (intermediate)/ Level B2 (intermediate+)
- Ability to understand straightforward factual information about common every day or job-related topics. (Express feelings in a particular situation, describe a desire or a goal, ability to open a bank account).
► Learning outcomes for Level C1-C2 (advanced)
- Ability to express an opinion on current affairs, to give the pros and cons, to communicate with emphasis on how well it's done, in term of appropriacy, sensitivity and the capacity to deal with unfamiliar topics, and to deal with hostile questioning confidently. Ability to debate.
Teaching method: use of textbooks. The professors will also work on various medium (photos, movies, articles...)
During these 3 immersive weeks the aim is also to practice French by discovering the history and culture of the region of Napoleon.
Several activities are included :
► Discovering La Roche-sur-Yon, city of Napoleon, and the French gastronomy (cooking workshop)
► Discovering the South of Vendée Region (Maillezais Ancient Abbey, Venise Verte)
► Enjoy the Historical Theme Park « Puy du Fou », Best Historical World Park in 2017
► Explore La Rochelle on a week-end
► Experience the seaside resort of Les Sables d’Olonne
► Housing included (Meals are not included in the cost)
► Individual room and bathroom
► Shared kitchen and facilities
► Wi-Fi included
Persons coming to France for less than 90 days (3 months) for a training course have to apply for a Schengen Visa. This visa allows the holder to move freely throughout the 25 countries in the Schengen Area. The Schengen Visa holders are not allowed to live permanently or work in Europe.
How to apply?
To apply for the Schengen Visa, you must get in touch with the French embassy in your home country.
Processing time may vary at different embassies / consulates in different parts of the world. You should apply for the visa directly when you receive the ICES French Summer School admission letter.
The usual fee is 60 euros.
The following nationalities do not require a visa:
- citizens of the EU, the EEA and Switzerland
- nationals of the following countries : Albania*, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, El Salvador, East Timor, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM), Grenada, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Israel, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, Montenegro*, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Samoa, Serbia*, Seychelles, Taiwan (passport bearing identity card number), Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and Vanuatu;
*bearers of biometric passports only
- nationals of the following countries: Australia, Brazil, United States, Japan, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Venezuela.
- bearers of passports of the Hong Kong special administrative region (People's Republic of China) and the Macau special administrative region (People's Republic of China)